GeoBlue International Health Insurance
All undergraduate students are required to purchase GeoBlue international health insurance to travel internationally. The group access code for short-term (less than semester-long) Notre Dame projects is GQB-9847. Students applying for Nanovic Grant funding must include the cost of this insurance in the budget included with the application. To estimate, calculate using a cost of $2.50 per day.
Writing & Research
Emergency Information from Notre Dame International State Department Travel Advisories
- Nanovic Parent Letter: Grant awardees are encouraged to send this link to parents and discuss it with them prior to departure
- Tax Letter: Grant awardees are encouraged to review this regarding potential tax implications
- Bureau of Consular Affairs: For passports and U.S. citizens traveling overseas.
- The Electronic Embassy: Resource for the foreign embassy community.
- Students Abroad: A website specifically for students traveling overseas from the U.S. Department of State.
- USA Government Official Portal: For U.S. citizens and foreign visitors.
- The U.S. Department of State: Essential information about embassies, transportation, and visas.
- Visit Europe: The hospitality gateway to the member countries of the European Travel Commission.
- Websites of Foreign Embassies in the United States: Contact an embassy or consulate in preparation for your trip.
- Notre Dame Alumni Association – European Clubs: Local Notre Dame Alumni Club might be able to help with housing, internships, and general local information.
- Anthony Travel: Full-service assistance for every Notre Dame travel need—athletics, students, administration, faculty & staff.
- AirWise: European Airport Guide by country.
- Rome2Rio: Full range of options and routes to get from one place to another
- Urban Rail: Guide to European metro and train networks.
- Traveling in Europe: The official website for traveling within the European Union.