At the Nanovic Institute, we help to prepare students to conduct focused, original research in Europe. We support their high-quality internships and service opportunities and make it possible for them to immerse themselves in local languages, to live among Europeans, to see the world from a different perspective.
- Please familiarize yourself with our grant requirements before starting the application process.
- Note that these grants are not intended to fund study abroad programs, fee-based programs, or group projects.
- Undergraduate students engaged in human subjects research (i.e., interaction with a living person or private information from existing data, documents, records or diagnostic specimens) must have their projects approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
Applications are closed for all grants for the 2017-18 academic year.
Applications will re-open for 2018-19 in August 2018.
Research & Travel Grants
Internship and Service Grants
- European Internship & Service Grant (Accepted on a rolling basis until April 9, 2018)
- Herrly Internship in Paris Grant (Due April 3, 2018)
- Nanovic Dublin Internship Grant through Notre Dame’s Irish Internships Programme. Students should apply directly to the Irish Internships Programme through Go IRISH.
- Language Club Support Grants (Open until April 2, 2018)
If you have questions related to student grants, please contact:
1060 Nanovic Hall