- Flights from Chicago tend to be much more affordable so students should plan to take the bus to Chicago and take flights from there to their final destinations.
- To prepare for the Budget information required in the application, download and complete the worksheet Nanovic Budget Template
- What is the current exchange rate for my destination country?
GeoBlue International Health Insurance
All undergraduate students are required to purchase to travel internationally. The group access code for short-term (less than semester-long) Notre Dame projects is GQB-9847. Students applying for Nanovic Grant funding must include the cost of this insurance in the budget included with the application. To estimate, calculate using a cost of $2.50 per day.
Writing & Research
- Senior Thesis Research in Europe (video)
- What to know BEFORE you write your proposal
- Writing a Good Research Proposal
- Writing the Research Statement
- Center for Undergraduate Scholarly Engagement
- The Writing Center
- Notre Dame Research
- Nanovic Parent Letter - Grant awardees are encouraged to send this link to parents and discuss it with them prior to departure
- Tax Letter - Grant awardees are encouraged to review this regarding potential tax implications
- Bureau of Consular Affairs – For passports and U.S. citizens traveling overseas.
- The Electronic Embassy – Resource for the foreign embassy community.
- Students Abroad – A website specifically for students traveling overseas from the U.S. Department of State.
- USA Government Official Portal – For U.S. citizens and foreign visitors.
- The U.S. Department of State – Essential information about embassies, transportation, and visas.
- Visit Europe – The hospitality gateway to the member countries of the European Travel Commission.
- Websites of Foreign Embassies in the United States – Contact an embassy or consulate in preparation for your trip.
- Notre Dame Alumni Association – European Clubs – Local Notre Dame Alumni Club might be able to help with housing, internships, and general local information.
- Anthony Travel – Full-service assistance for every Notre Dame travel need – athletics, students, administration, faculty & staff.
- AirWise – European Airport Guide by country.
- Rome2Rio -- Full range of options and routes to get from one place to another
- Urban Rail – Guide to European metro and train networks.
- Traveling in Europe – The official website for traveling with in the European Union.
If you have questions related to student grants or the minor in European Studies, please contact:
1060K Nanovic Hall