Budget Template & Other Travel Resources
- Flights from Chicago tend to be much more affordable so students should plan to take the bus to Chicago and take flights from there to their final destinations.
- Download and complete the new Nanovic Budget Template (REQUIRED for application.)
- What is the current exchange rate for my destination country?
Writing & Research
- Senior Thesis Research in Europe (video)
- What to know BEFORE you write your proposal
- Writing a Good Research Proposal
- Writing the Research Statement
- Center for Undergraduate Scholarly Engagement
- The Writing Center
- Notre Dame Research
- Notre Dame International's "Prepare to Travel" Resources List
- Bureau of Consular Affairs – For passports and U.S. citizens traveling overseas.
- The Electronic Embassy – Resource for the foreign embassy community.
- Students Abroad – A website specifically for students traveling overseas from the U.S. Department of State.
- USA Government Official Portal – For U.S. citizens and foreign visitors.
- The U.S. Department of State – Essential information about embassies, transportation, and visas.
- Visit Europe – The hospitality gateway to the member countries of the European Travel Commission.
- Websites of Foreign Embassies in the United States – Contact an embassy or consulate in preparation for your trip.
- Notre Dame Alumni Association – European Clubs – Local Notre Dame Alumni Club might be able to help with housing, internships, and general local information.
- Anthony Travel – Full-service assistance for every Notre Dame travel need – athletics, students, administration, faculty & staff.
- AirWise – European Airport Guide by country.
- Rome2Rio -- Full range of options and routes to get from one place to another
- Urban Rail – Guide to European metro and train networks.
- Traveling in Europe – The official website for traveling with in the European Union.
If you have questions related to student grants or the minor in European Studies, please contact:
1060 Nanovic Hall