Graduate Fellows Program
Graduate students in European Studies are now invited to apply to become Graduate Fellows of the Nanovic Institute using the application at the bottom of this page.
Please note that complete applications require an up-to-date curriculum vitae and a brief (emailed) faculty referral. Applicants are also asked to provide a statement of interest, of no more than two pages, which explains how the student's research illuminates contemporary European issues. Only complete applications will be eligible for review.
Up to eight (8) applicants will be selected for the academic year. The deadline for applications is May 1, 2019 (the last day of classes).
Note that students who were selected for the pilot semester in spring 2019 are eligible to apply for the renewal of their fellowship for 2019/20.
- stipend: $2,000
- eligible to apply for group funds for Graduate Fellows events, such as a visiting speaker or small symposium
- access to meeting space in the Nanovic Institute
- intersecting interests and intellectual community.
Requirements (spring 2019)
- participate in bi-weekly discussion group/workshop with other Fellows focussing on a dissertation chapter, article manuscript, or the like;
- publish two short pieces for the Institute's website: these may be scholarly book reviews, reflections, or policy briefs that links the student's research to contemporary European issues;
- attend ten Institute events over the course of the academic year.
The aim of the program is to bring talented graduate students in European Studies together at the Institute, both to the benefit of each other and to European Studies at Notre Dame as a whole.
If you have questions about this program, please contact the Institute's Associate Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.